Height: 5'7

Spoiler

Education - John Hopkins University Baltimore, MD

• Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience

• Associated with Clinical and Investigative Psychology

• Basic medical care

• Limited/general familiarity with Forensics

myrabackground.png.983dff03bcc1a206e15da48176644148.png

Myra was raised in Baltimore, Maryland, one of the more violent cities in the country. Her parents are Martha and Leland Hawke, who both had served in the Baltimore Police Department, and she had one sibling, an older sister named Elaine. Growing up it was common to hear about assaults and the occasional shootout on the news, and sometimes it was close enough to hear or see for herself. It soon became old news, but was still frightening, even if Myra didn't see the use in being afraid. Fear was natural, nothing she did could stop it. 

Elaine, her big sister, was cruel to her younger sister. As the older sibling she felt slighted by her parents, feeling as though Myra was favored and treated like a baby. This was only a half truth. Elaine was ten years older than Myra, and their parents always treated them as their respective ages. From Myra's perspective, it was Elaine that was the favorite. Elaine was allowed to do many more things than Myra, and their parents were always encouraging her to act and behave like her big sister, the genius, the beauty queen, and the perfect daughter. This caused tension between the sisters and they fought often.

One weekend when Myra was six years old, Elaine was left in charge as their parents would be absent the entire time for a funeral a few states away. After an argument over whose turn it was to take out the trash the first night they were gone, Elaine managed to lock her younger sister outside at night in the dark. Myra pounded on the door and yelled to be let in for about an hour before letting up and deciding to sleep outside. Elaine eventually went to bed, and as she slept and Myra tried to sleep, a heavy storm rolled in.

Myra was already uncomfortable with the idea of sleeping in the yard when their house bordered the woods. She had imagined she had seen the moving shadows of the coyotes moving around in the trees. Myra became even more afraid when the thunder and lightning started. It was loud enough that she could feel the house shake as she huddled up beside it, and the sound so deafening she had to cover her ears. The lightning illuminated spots in the trees just enough that she thought her imagining the predators in the woods was confirmed and she screamed and cried, begging for Elaine to be let in, but Myra's sister was an incredibly heavy sleeper. A tree at the very edge of their yard was struck, and a large branch fell from it. The storm had traumatized her. The rain was cold and she nearly froze in the early hours of the morning before her sister finally woke up and let her back in the house. From then on, Myra always felt anxious when it rained, but was terrified of thunderstorms. Most children with this fear outgrow it, but Myra's stuck. She hadn't told anyone what her sister had done, and was always afraid that she'd do it again for revenge if she tattled.. 

The reaction fascinated her, however. Despite how she felt about it, empathy and fear were still things she experienced and was familiar with like any normal child, but understanding these emotions was a different story. She took an interest in psychology when she got older, particularly that of criminals, and enrolled in the AP Psychology classes her high school offered for college credit. She also took the available Forensic science class, and bought books on Psychology and Criminal Psychology to read in her free time. Anything which interested her, she tried to get into.

Myra was a good student. She behaved well and played by all of the rules, as well as did her very best in all of her classes. Most students did not mind this at all. It was Myra's inability or unwillingness to relate to other students her age which set them off from her. She preferred to spend her time talking with adults about her academics, which made her seem like a know-it-all. Myra lacked the social intuition to realize the adults were humoring her, and that most of her peers found her awkward and uncomfortable to talk to. Of course, she wasn't lonely. Myra had her small group of friends and lead as happy a life as someone like her could manage until graduation.

After high school Myra attended John Hopkins University in her hometown, where she studied and earned her Bachelor's degree in the Neuroscience field. In University it was much easier to make friends, and she made many. One of her friends happened to be an older man recruiting for the Central Intelligence Agency. They were apparently always looking for new hires to serve their country, particularly those with a good college education.

Myra applied and for the next few years, Myra was able to work as the assistant to a man called Doctor James Liang. She wasn't allowed to speak of what they did outside of work, but Myra was allowed to learn a lot from him, as well as keep going to school to earn her Doctorate. Unfortunately, their work came to a pause when the infection hit, and Doctor James was counted among the numbers of the dead.

The safe zones have kept people as safe as possible during a crisis such as the infection, but what remained of the US government still struggled to keep things running smoothly. The zones were also crowded, and supplies were meager. It was tough, but people could manage. Despite that society as everyone knew it was struggling, Myra's main objective remained to serve her country, whatever that means and wherever it took her. Though she hadn't yet earned her Doctorate in their field, she took on the title and the responsibilities that would have fallen to Doctor Liang.

Myragif2.gif.74965db7b961c9d0ab8fb297cbb77701.gif

Myramental.png.2b6aba15f95aff998b303f57091d2f7a.png

Inferiority complex

Even though Myra has done well in her academics and has been relatively successful, she always has suffered with low self esteem. Her parents had high expectations of her, and every time she failed to meet these expectations she beat herself up. From Myra's point of view, her sister Elaine seemed to be able to do everything effortlessly. She didn't need to work half as hard as Myra to seem twice as smart. Elaine was charismatic and beautiful, and had many friends and better luck with men. Myra is always self-doubting, and most of the confidence she has in herself is only to do with her work.

Astraphobia

Myra is deathly afraid of thunder and lightning, despite the fact that she is able to steel herself against most everything else. She becomes slightly anxious when it rains, but isn't necessarily ombrophobic. 

Dislikes

Journal

Spoiler

Myra's field journal can be found on her, but is disguised as a collection of poetry written by Edgar Allen Poe and written entirely in a cipher you can decode if you know how, but the decoder will not be found written down anywhere.

TWGQFOBAXCRDSYHZLVNMEJKPIU

Entry 1

Spoiler

OFTV'N SHNM GHSSHY ZAINXGTD NISZMHSN XYGDEQF MVFSWDXYB, NKFTMXYB, AFTVM ZTDZXMTMXHYN, QXDTMXHY HO MAF ZEZXDN, ZTDF HV ODENAFQ NRXY, NAHVMYFNN HO WVFTMA, GHYOENXHY, TYQ YTENFT. XY MAF GTNF HO N001, SHNM HO MAFNF NISZMHSN GHEDQ WF XQFYMXOXFQ. EYOHVMEYTMFDI, X QXQ YHM ATJF T GHYNMTYM MH GHSZTVF N001'N NMTMF MH TYQ MAEN TYI HWNFVJTMXHYN STQF TVF HO DXMMDF MH YH ENF TN X ZVFOFV YHM MH STRF XYOFVFYGFN TYQ MH WTNF SI GHYGDENXHYN HY NHDXQ QTMT. XY OTGM, X'S ATDO MFSZMFQ MH MAVHK HEM TYI TYQ TDD HWNFVJTMXHYN STQF OVHS MATM YXBAM.

ZHZF KTN TYBVI, KAXGA X GHEDQ EYQFVNMTYQ. N001 KTN TZZTVFYMDI T MFVVXWDF DXTV, OTXDFQ MH OHDDHK XYNMVEGMXHY, TYQ GVTGRFQ MHH FTNXDI EYQFV ZVFNNEVF. XO N001 KFVF TDDHKFQ MH DXJF KF GTY HYDI BEFNN MATM FJFYMETDDI HEV GHJFV KHEDQ WF WDHKY TYQ MAF SXNNXHY OTXDFQ. MATM KHEDQ WEVY FTGA HYF HO EN, TYQ YHM HYDI KHEDQ KF WF NMVTYQFQ XY T OHVFXBY GHEYMVI, WEM KF KXDD ATJF OTXDFQ HEV HKY.

X ATJF TM DFTNM NZHRFY MH YFMKHVR HO MAF ZHNNXWXDXMI HO ZDTIXYB MAF DHYB BTSF. X GTY STRF WFMMFV HWNFVJTMXHYN HO MAF ZFHZDF AFVF TYQ KATM STRFN MAFS MXGR XO X OXVNM RYHK MAFS XY MAFXV GTDS NMTMF. X ATJF HYDI FJFV RYHKY N001 MH WF OVXBAMFYFQ. T NATSF X KTN YHM MAFVF MH SFFM N001 TYQ MAF GHYNZXVTGI MAFHVXNM WFOHVF YFMKHVR BHM MH KHVR HY MAFS.

X ATQ TY XQFT TYQ TN EYFMAXGTD TN XM KTN, X OFFD DXRF XM GHEDQ KHVR. MATM'N YHM MH NTI MATM X TS HJFVDI FTBFV MH ZEM XM MH MAF MFNM, XY OTGM X TS QXNBENMFQ WI MAF XQFT TN T KAHDF. NMXDD, XM KHEDQY'M WF MAF OXVNM MXSF NHSFHYF MAVFK FMAXGN HEM HO MAF KXYQHK XY MAF YTSF HO ZTMVXHMXNS. GTYYXWTDXNS XN KXQFDI OFTVFQ TYQ ATMFQ, ZFVATZN FJFY SHVF NH KXMA MAF MAVFTM HO XM YHK ZVFNFYM XY FJFVI QTI DXOF. TDD XM MTRFN XN HYF SFTD MH QFNMVHI TYHMAFV ZFVNHY'N SXYQ TYQ ZEM MAFS HY FJFVIHYF'N AXM DXNM, TYQ FJFY MAFY XO NHSFHYF QHFN YHM "MTRF GTVF HO MAFS" NH MH NZFTR, MAF XYOFGMFQ ZFVNHY KXDD FJFYMETDDI QXF HY MAFXV HKY. X HYDI KHYQFVFQ XO MAF REVE QXNFTNF GHEDQ WF ENFQ XY HEV KHVR. XM ATN IFM MH WF XSZDFSFYMFQ, XO XM FJFV XN.

Entry 2

Spoiler

KAXDF MAF TWNFYGF HO SHNM HO SI MFTS RFFZN HEV KHVR OVHS ZVHBVFNNXYB, XM TDDHKN SI GHJFV XQFYMXMI MH STRF OVXFYQN KXMA TDD NHVMN HO ZFHZDF. X GTY'M NTI X'S TDD MATM TYPXHEN MH BFM MH KHVR TYIKTI. MAF NHHYFV KF OXYXNA, MAF NHHYFV SHVF DXJFN TVF NTGVXOXGFQ OHV HEV GHEYMVI, TYQ KAXDF XM'N T YFGFNNTVI FJXD XM'N TY FJXD YHYFMAFDFNN. X STQF SI GAHXGF.

KAXDF X OXYQ MAF SHNM FOOFGMXJF TYQ WFDXFJTWDF SFMAHQ HO DIXYB XN MH MFDD SHNM HO MAF MVEMA, XM STRFN OHVSXYB VFTD TMMTGASFYMN SEGA FTNXFV. XM'N TDSHNM EYTJHXQTWDF. KF YFFQ MH BTXY TYQ STXYMTXY MAFXV MVENM XY HVQFV MH WF GDHNF FYHEBA OHV NMEQI, TYQ IFM KF GTYYHM WF MHH GDHNF OHV HWJXHEN VFTNHYN. XM'N FTNXFV MH FSHMXHYTDDI QFMTGA IHEVNFDO OVHS T GHVZNF MATY XM XN OVHS T DXJXYB TYQ WVFTMAXYB AESTY. MATM'N YHM MH NTI X DXRF FJFVIHYF. NHSF ZFHZDF, FJFY NHSF GAXDQVFY, TVF WHVQFVDXYF XYNEOOFVTWDF, HV MAFXV ZFVNHYTD AXNMHVI ZTXYMN MAFS XY T WTQ DXBAM. MAFI KXDD WF FTNXFV MH QXNMTYGF SINFDO OVHS.

HMAFV ZFHZDF, BFYEXYFDI BHHQ TYQ DXRTWDF ZFHZDF, MAFI KXDD WF ATVQFV MH DFM BH HO, YH STMMFV MAF SFMAHQ HO KAXGA MAFI'VF MTRFY. XY MAF FYQ XO MAXYBN BH KFDD, X KXDD WF MAF HYDI HYF VFMEVYXYB AHSF. MAHNF KAH VFSTXY AFVF TVF DFOM OHVBHMMFY, GTNETDMXFN HO KTV. XN XM EYOTXV? X'Q NTI XM'N OTXVFV MH MAF ZFHZDF KAH GAHNF YHM MH DFTJF AHSF.

Myrarelationships.png.33b1cbecf6fc730eb883b1ba628cedff.png

Loved, Close, Friendly, Neutral, Disliked, Hated, Missing, Dead

"The enemy of my enemy..."

Spoiler

“Pope”

"He's our team leader, a smart man willing to do just about anything to ensure our success."

“Network”

"I admire the joy he finds in his work. We all should be so lucky to love what we do."

“Genghis”

"A hundred times better with a gun than I could ever hope to be."

“Fox”

"He is well suited for covert operations."

Johnny

"Helping us for his own personal gain, no doubt. That doesn't mean it's not appreciated."

"Nobody is completely innocent."

Spoiler

Owen

"A self-conscious and disturbed individual, if the little game I played with him is anything to go by. Claims to have never had any personal brush with death, and yet he described the other side of the wall as familiar. Many conclusions can be drawn here, but I'd just be guessing if I tried it now."

Joanna

"Joanna is traumatized by what happened to her and the method of setting her free. It's tough to come back whole after being showered in blood."

Dallas

"He's surprisingly reasonable for somebody everyone claims is a bloodthirsty bandit. He actually gave me food and ammunition, talked with me, not one instance in our interaction was hostile. As far as I could tell, he was being completely honest with me. Given the similarities in our values, maybe a friendship would be a good thing. Maybe an alliance between Dallas and Pavlovo would be even better."

Derrick

"Dallas' goon. Tried to subtly interrogate me. Most of what I said was a lie, but then again the most effective lie is most often a portion of the truth. So long as he's loyal to Dallas and Dallas remains friendly, he's not a threat."

Jade

"She seems anxiety-ridden based off of our first impression, but then again that's a poor observation given that she was approached by three strangers, faces covered and carrying automatic weapons. I put mine away, but it didn't help that I had arrived with Dallas, who was honest about who he was. Not that I blame her."

Ullman

"Also a tad skittish, but I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate. He did seem to calm down, and made me a good trade: two batteries for a pair of glasses that Joanna's been needing. Would be nice if a trader decided to stick around."

Jude

"I haven't talked to him very much. He seems oddly friendly for someone who is a contract killer, but I guess that's a good thing."

Caleb 

"Met him once, came off as very odd and energetic. Doesn't have a good grasp of what's socially acceptable but given everything else that seems to be off about him, I wouldn't say it's out of place. I'd need to spend a little more time with him to really understand what he's all about."

"Slippery slopes can be kind of fun."

Spoiler

n/a

"Loose ends."

Spoiler

Casey

"Didn't do well under pressure."

myragif1.gif.7de2372756fea86093d98b1e824c1463.gif

Edited by SofiaL

2 hours ago, Aidanj5277 said:

Is her dad Mike Hawke

No,  it's Mike Hunt