Sign in to follow this  
APetRussian

What would get you to play?

we kinda discussed this one night on Peins stream.... current graphics+ mods but game play back to version .58 / .59 (when most things worked and didnt kill you)

The game has gotten quite boring tbh, that and the fact of the RP going on is actually really stale there aint no threat towards anyone or anything its all repetitive and boring and I cba to wake up at 3am to RP sitting around doing fuck all.

Four Words:
Life. Is. A. Bitch.

I just don't have the energy or time to do so atm.

I can't be fucked to play Arma 3 life with a bunch of crack heads running around wanting to kill you, that is what DayzRP feels like to me with how people treat the severity of the infection and how easy it is to find supplies.

mainly because theres never anything going on or just because the game has been getting stale for me

Just bored with DayZ in general, playing other things. FiveM being one, Tarkov, etc.

DayZ as a whole is pretty boring ATM. Mods are fun for a short time, but the glaring issues with the game ruin them as time goes on. The server also lacks bad guys. I'm not saying we need kill squads to come and murder the server, but we need fear. It gives people the motivation to play. Sitting in a camp or roaming a town knowing you are at 0 risks is simply boring. Bad guy characters who are not afraid to kill will also create a cycle of characters, something the server often lacks. It is always fun to see those characters that survive for months and months, creating great memories along the way. When every character on the server last months, it becomes less rewarding to survive, which makes playing the character unenjoyable. I would also like supplies to be more rare, as Funnyman stated. I want hunting and farming to be something people lean on for survival. Those cans of beans should be a last resort at this point. I would also like to see a decreased amount of weapons and ammunition found. In my personal opinion, it makes no sense to find three fully loaded and operational AK's in one run through a military encampment.

I agree with alot of what has been said, With a mixture of real life things and stress, and other games, I havn't been on much.  

DayZ is just too easy right now. I loved it when there were so many zombies, and they were tanks.  Made people band together to combat the infection. 

Food and ammo and guns are still pretty common. I know its a hard balance.

But I saw 3 zombies in Cherno today., WTF.  I know the zombies cause lag, but I loved it when it was "over run" on the coast.

I want this game to be hard, almost to the point of frustration,  But some RPers claim it's too hard, and die.  It should be so hard, that your nice guy character, might actually rob some one for food, because they have to.

There were plenty of bad guys on the server, I was legit scared of the Imperium. Kaz is still in hiding, after fleeing his 2 safe havens.
I was working on starting something interesting, but the wipe a month ago really squashed it for me.

I  100% agree with bone man regarding the current state of z's in the game and the food and ammo content

some of the other comments i totally disagree with but im not gonna turn this into a flame thread cause its bringing up some valuable points that it might be possible to tweak the server setting to make items less likely to spawn although not really sure can do much about z's without causing too many issues with performance...

and besides it takes all types of rp to make a community... yes even the campside rp 

I miss the role play.

Not the zombies, not the mods, not the new versions of the game, I miss the role play.

The community as a whole (not just here) is so fragmented, and split between servers, that in and of itself is the entire problem. What one person finds acceptable, one doesn't and no matter how you look at it, one server works for one but not the others and people get split up. I just flat out miss the role play.

Now? People, in my opinion, as a whole, seem less interested in doing the exact same thing every month; re-roll, re-gear, re-role play. Whatever reason, death, bad rp, good rp, great rp, no rp, mechanics, server wipe, whatever. The one thing I can say with the same consistency throughout my role play time in DayZ, is I spent 98% of my time, unless sitting by a campfire, looking for something, just so I could role play. 

This is no fault of anyone. It's the game.

The role play? Good-ish (no knocks to anyone I've RP'd with. I say if it was good rp or not. Those that have RPd with me know I don't give out crappy praise). Whatever server. The friends I have met? Awesome.

What would get me to come back?
Knowing that if some one wanted to be a dick just be a dick and kill my guy off I wouldn't lose my invested backstory, just because "dicks". Anyone that knows me will tell you, I dont care about the death of a character, I do care about if it was an asshole move, "just because".

What would get me to come back? If other people (in general, no one specific) understood wtf meta meant and I didn't have to suffer through bullshit rules, situations, and have to keep a video documented play session,  because they're thick in the head. It's not hard to understand what meta means when explained. 

What would get me to come back? If people in general would quit trying to hair split rules, shut the fuck up and roleplay!

What would get me back? If posts saying there was no RP, didn't exist. I despise seeing these. As a great and wise woman once told me, back when I was RPing Sven Jorgenson and he saw people, in stream chat she said "OMG PEOPLE WHO MIGHT RP ON AN RP SERVER WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?" That's kind of what threads saying there is no RP represent to me. I played solo, for months until I found someone organically in game. Why? RP, that's why.

I was playing Jamal, right here on QRP, 2 guys walked up, Jamal did his thing, they denied his company. Did I try to rob, degenerate, infiltrate, reprimand, steal from, take playtime away form or Murder their characters (not that day lol)? No. We still RPd, we still met each other, we still conversed. It wasn't stale. It was fun. It/They/We/I didn't need 15,000 zombies for it. It/They/We/I didn't need a house. It/They/We/I didn't some murderous, weird, involved, over dramatic, dumb, or  just plain fuckin unrealistic background to get it done either.

We just simply role played.

We need to get more general consensus that role play, itself, has zilch to do with anything, other than, role play, with no bullshit involved, you won't have to make a thread asking the question; What would get you to play?. I mean seriously, D&D hasn't changed. No gfx upgrades. No mods, some added material for reference. Nothing major, still works.  

Sign in to follow this